Boxer Andre Ward Stops Russia's Sergei Kovalev In Eighth Round
Senate GOP health bill would reshape Obama law
Supreme Court to decide on partisan gerrymandering
Handel first female GOP rep elected to Congress in Georgia
GOP winning streak continues in Georgia
Manchester Arena blast: what we know so far
27 May 2017, 02:03 | Grady King
'Robust' security for sports events after Manchester attack
Investigators are working to establish whether the 22-year-old acted alone or was part of a wider terrorist network, raiding several properties across Manchester.
Salman Abedi, the 22-year-old alleged Manchester bomber, traveled to Libya for three weeks, returning to the United Kingdom only days before launching his attack, according to U.S. military officials assigned to Africa Command.
British-born Salman Abedi, 22, was identified on Tuesday as the young man behind the deadly bomb blast at the end of USA pop singer Ariana Grande's concert at Manchester Arena on Monday, attended by thousands of children and teenagers.
The Chelsea soccer team announced it would cancel Sunday's victory parade in London that was to have celebrated the team's Premier League title win this season. Another member, Omar, said that "outlaws of Islam" like Abedi were not to be tolerated, adding that it was the responsibility of fellow Muslims "report extremists to the relevant authorities in order to show that we want to live in peace".
He confirmed that his other son, Ismail, had been arrested Tuesday around Manchester by British authorities in the concert attack probe. "That is what the investigation is focusing on", the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said. Police also said they believed the attack was carried out by a single bomber who died in the explosion. In a statement, the Special Deterrence Force said he had admitted to having links with Islamic State and being in the U.K.at the time the Manchester attack was being planned.
Joseph Carozza, a representative from Grande's USA record label, said the singer is OK and they are investigating what happened.
"We have, considerably, stepped up our security measures in the last couple of years including magnetometers at all of our entrances, wanding and the presence of bomb sniffing canines patrols", Stiles said.
An explosion struck an Ariana Grande concert in northern England late Monday, killing at least 19 people and injuring dozens in what police say they are treating as a terrorist attack. Eight-year-old schoolgirl Saffie Roussos was also killed.
Rudd earlier told Sky News that she expects the critical threat level to be temporary.
The Home Secretary said American security services had not materially harmed the British investigation but a transatlantic complaint had been made. In London, public tours of the parliament complex and the changing of guard ceremony in Buckingham Palace have been cancelled. Officials say 20 of them are being treated for critical injuries.
Attacks in cities including Paris, Nice, Brussels, St Petersburg, Berlin and London have shocked Europeans already anxious over security challenges from mass immigration and pockets of domestic Islamic radicalism.
Sixty-four people are still hospitalized, Jon Rouse of the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership said Wednesday.
Officials said all those hospitalized had been identified.
President Donald Trump to propose $4.1 trillion budget
The budget would slash programs for rural and small-town America, pillars of Trump's political strength last November. Medicaid is the third largest program domestic program in the federal budget, behind Social Security and Medicare .
Manchester attack: Police hunt 'network' behind bomber
Joseph Carozza, a representative from Grande's USA record label, said the singer is OK and they are investigating what happened. France, which has repeatedly been hit by devastating militant attacks since 2015, extended emergency powers.